Monday, June 3, 2013

Lesson 3 Review- Monday, June 3rd

Part 1

A. What happened to your car?

B. I (1) had an accident yesterday.

A. How (2) did it happen?

B. I (3) was driving to work when a dog (4) ran in front of my car.  I (5) stopped my car suddenly, and the car behind me (6) hit my car because the driver (7) was/had been following me too closely.

A. (8) Did you get a ticket?

B. No, but the driver who hit me did.

A. Who will pay to have your car fixed?

B. The other driver.  He (9) gave me details about his insurance.  He's a new driver.  He (10) has only had his driver's licence for two months.

A. You're a new driver too, aren't you?

B. Oh, no.  I (11) have been driving/have driven for 20 years.

A. I thought you (12) (had) got your driver's licence a few months ago.

B. In this country, I have a new licence.  But I (13) had (had) a driver's licence for many years before I (14) came to Canada.

A. (15) Have you ever gotten a ticket?

B. One time. I (16) was driving/had been driving about 105 kilometres an hour on the highway when a police officer (17) stopped me.  She said that the speed limit was only 80.  She (18) gave me a ticket for speeding.  She also gave me a ticket because I (19) wasn't wearing my seat belt.  



Part 2

1. When did was he died?

2. I was working when the fire started.

3. He didn't give gave me the money.

4. Why you didn't you come to class yesterday?

5. How long do have you lived in this city?

6. The accident was happened at 6:45 this morning.

7. They were getting got married five years ago.

8. When he came to Canada, he had never studied English before.  C

9. Have you ever seening the mayor of this city?

10. He hads been married for 10 years.  He got divorced two years ago.  

11. She left her dictionary in the library yesterday.  C

12. When I came to Canada, I had have never spoken with a Canadian before.

13. He has wanted to be a doctor ever since he was has been a little boy.

14. They were watching TV at 9:30 last night.  C

15. They were living in Germany when the war started was starting.

16. While they were living in Thailand, they were studying English.  C

17. I have been studying English for five years.

18. I'm a nurse now. I have had been a nurse for 10 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment